Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another rainy summer day

Here we are in the midst of another rainy summer day - but this is NOT to complain about the weather! 


Today I:


- Ran 8.6 miles in about 1 hour, 35 minutes or so
- Made a new acquaintance/friend
- Finished my run at the same time as 2 of the marathon trainers...yep, they did something like 14 miles in my 8 miles!
- Got soaked
- Was thankful for rain vs. blazing sun
- Didn't get lost (thanks to my new friend ;)


Funny thing is, I usually feel pretty good after the run, get into my car, drive home and then nearly fall out of my car as I realize how sore I actually am! I still can't believe I am out there at 7 am, running in the rain, now one of "those crazy runners" that I used to just shake my head at as I drove by in my car. I suppose anything is possible :)


Hope you are having a great Saturday! Now I am off to prep for my StampinUp open house - the new catalogue is here and I LOVES it!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Well done! It's amazing how quickly we can turn into those "crazy" runners.
I'm getting very excited for our first run together! I'm so pumped that your doing this!