I knew this day would come, it was a matter of time and I kinda am glad it came now...when I still have time to fix it.
Pinterest fail. It happens to us all, well those of us who pin things and actually try to recreate them.
Here is the image from Pinterest of super cute mason jars that look like "seaglass" - perfect for our rainbow party:
And how hard can it be? Just add food colouring to Elmer's glue and paint it on...no mention of proportions, number of coats applied....these must not be important details.
Here is mine. Nailed it.
The drips, the see-through effect...not what I was going for. Luckily glues dissolves in warm, soapy water so I washed this baby up and it will be painted with acrylic paint using the oh so simple technique I also discovered on Pinterest.
Thank goodness I didn't do the glue thing with all 5 jars...


No comments:
Post a Comment