Monday, May 01, 2006

Time Flies


Ever feel like you could use another 10 hours in a day? Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to spend so much time and energy chasing a career, degrees and designations and to try to keep a home together and a family intact....it seems to pile up every now and then. Not that I don't think all of those things are important, they are, but it gets overwhelming. I am always amazed by the moms that I work with - how do they work full time, take care of 2 or 3 kids, make dinner and still arrive at work looking fantastic? I really think that I will be a complete basket case when I have a child and return to work - kudos to Susan for doing so well, back to full time after a year off. There is often a nagging thought in the back of my head...maybe we could move somewhere where the cost of living is lower and then life would slow down. I have a funny feeling that no matter where we go, I will overbook and overschedule my life. Also, how could I leave behind family, friends, our church, the girls I work with at Fusion, work opportunities, the beach, the mountains, salt air, mild weather.....so many things tie my heart here!

Anyway, I suppose that I am avoiding working on my assignment and that I should not post too much. I seem to come up with lots of tasks to keep me away from studying and I think that blogging will definitely be a welcome distraction for me. I must focus though, to fail a course that cost $800 does not seem wise...so back to studying I go.

PS Here is a picture of beautiful Vancouver (the view from a hotel room Brian and I stayed in when we needed a "getaway")

No comments: