Age ain't nothing but a number - right? Or so it has been sung...by a very young singer, who clearly had no idea what it would be like to truly age. So I recently experienced my birthday, the big 29, the last year in my twenties, my last bit of youth, the beginning of wrinkles and continuation of cellulite. Isn't it great?
This year I did not want a birthday party, an evening of celebration or anything of the like. So Erika & I did what we have talked about doing for years - we booked a hotel in Washington and spent a birthday weekend together shopping (her birthday is 3 days before mine, very convenient!). It was an awesome weekend and so fun to shop, shop and then shop some more. I will post some pics once I can get them from Erika's camera (hint hint :)
My family then spoiled me for my birthday - Brian got up early and made me pancakes for breakfast! Such a treat to smell the pancakes cooking as I got ready and then to get to share breakfast together on a weekday - so rare, especially since he is still in bed when I head out the door! At work I got to share some goodies at break time with the Finance crew and then after work we went to the Coquitlam Keg restaurant (yummmm, steak!!). I even got my meal free! Not because it was my birthday, but because I asked for a medium well steak and got a medium rare one - seems like whenever I order this at the Keg, they always mess it up. But it works for me - they always fix it and then I get a free meal!
After dinner we were off to the mall - to spend my Sephora gift card (thank you Susan!!) Then home to bed after a relaxing bath....ahhh, what a lovely day. I almost forgot how old I was... ;)
Oh, and one of the best parts - Brian bought me exactly what I had asked for - THE CINCH!! If you aren't sure what it looks like, here is a pic - if you aren't sure what it does, google it! It is a binding machine and I am super
excited about it!! And not only did I get this fun toy, I got 3 gift cards to spend at Precious Memories - woohoo!! I already spent one buying bindings to use with the cinch and I can't wait to get to some projects that I have been waiting to do with a bind-it-all.
excited about it!! And not only did I get this fun toy, I got 3 gift cards to spend at Precious Memories - woohoo!! I already spent one buying bindings to use with the cinch and I can't wait to get to some projects that I have been waiting to do with a bind-it-all.And to top it all off - I got 2 spa gift cards (hello pregnancy massage - here I come!!) plus Erika made me a lovely, inpiring and truly beautious painting (I will need to post a pic, but I want it hung up first).
All in all, good times despite the number...
No comments:
Post a Comment