Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm a dork....

...but a dork who just finished the Sun Run! So in my "runner's high" state of mind, here is what is making me feel particularly happy today:


- I survived 13 weeks of training


- I finished a 10 km run


- I ran the ENTIRE 10 km


- It was sunny with beautiful views throughout the run (mountains, ocean, Stanley Park...)


- It took 65 minutes for me to complete (pending the official results...)


- I had the support of my awesome hubby for all my training runs (he lovingly solo parented Arabella while I was out)


- I ran 10 km less than a year after having my baby


- I have a massage booked for Tuesday morning (thank you Erin!!!)


- There was a Starbucks close by (ok, it is Vancouver, of course there will be a SB close by!)


And I came home to a happy, smiling baby! What a great day for the Sun Run and I am so happy/relieved that I made it the entire 10 km!


And here I am in my super dorky "supa-star" pose apre race



3 comments:

susan said...

Alyssa you are amazing! I am so proud of you! Way to go!!!

Vanessa Z. said...

WHOO!! I admire anyone who can run, especially for that amount of time. Your picture is FAN-TASTIC.

Anonymous said...

love it! you rock!