Friday, April 22, 2011

We made it!

Here we are, in good ol Edmonton! An Easter tradition for many years, we have road tripped it out and made it in one piece! I'll be honest, I was pretty nervous about getting here with a baby and about driving through the night (I am paranoid about black ice, snow, etc.). BUT we drove through, made it in 12 hours, and are quite happy to be here with the Santos fam.

We only had to stop a few times, and Arabella slept most of the way through (in fact, she slept better than she has been sleeping at home lately...sheesh!). We stopped in Jasper at 5 am and Brian took a quick catnap in the car while I tried to keep Arabella entertained...and then I got to deal with an explosive diarrhea situation in the gas station bathroom. Awesome.

After that, back on the road with a quick stop in Edson at the tim's for breaky. Arabella happily ate in her chair and charmed everyone around her with her big smiles and giggles.   

And here we are - in Edmonton, in the glorious sunshine, soaking up time with family that we don't get to see often enough! 

Happy Easter to all our family and friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy easter!!!