Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Fun Day


Okay, so I guess Fridays are pretty much a fun day regardless, but for me I {heart} Fridays for a different reason. Most weeks, Friday is my day "off" (although, I am not paid for Friday, so it is not "time off" it is a day I am not working...I digress). Fridays are my cleaning day, shopping day, playing day, laundry day and quality time with my girl day. I love the easy morning I enjoy, leisurely eating breakfast with my happy toddler, excited for whatever adventure we might find. And more often than not, I/we will bake.

Today we made muffins, and I use "we" loosely - Miss A's help usually comes in the form of dumping ingredients into the bowl, stirring things with her hands and licking the spoon (once it is done being used!). Oh, and asking me if she can have some of every ingredient - including flour.

On my second batch I thought I would use a recipe from pinterest - something healthful using pumpkin - and this is what I came across, pumpkin oat'n honey muffins (with no flour or oil!)
They turned out great - I loved the pumpkin flavour and considering you can put all the ingredients in a blender or food processor, it was quick and easy to get prepped and in the oven.

I am definitely loving the variety of flours or flour substitutes that I have been trying, there is SO much out there in terms of baking healthily, wheat free, gluten free and/or vegan - and a lot of it actually tastes good :)

And then we had a super healthy dinner of pulled pork sandwiches....with roasted yams. It all balances out! Happy Friday!

No comments: