Friday, March 22, 2013

Saleabration - last but not least!

So today is the official LAST day of Saleabration, and I am hosting a card class. It has been a few months since I have done a class (I think my 10 card Christmas class wore me out!), but I am excited to demo a couple of cards tonight with a small group of ladies.

When making these cards I spent plenty of time on Pinterest and the StampinUp website, just trying to come up with some fun designs to showcase some of the new and super fun Saleabration/Spring Catalogue product. What might be the smartest thing to do, is not necessarily what I end up doing...generally I fall in love with certain stamp sets/products, buy them, then try to create something cool to use them. This could be considered a "design challenge" or a limitation - I am trying to see it as a design challenge!

For one of my cards I was anxious to use the new doilies, since they are very cute and so versatile...I also wanted to try out the new spritzer from StampinUp, and customize it with one of my ink colours. I found success with the spritzer and masking, but was stumped as to how to include the doily. I tried folding it, considered cutting it and then I thought "why not dye it?". Hello brayer!

And here is the product of my doily design challenge:


And my Saleabration "Feeling Sentimental" design challenge:


No comments: