Monday, March 18, 2013

Retreat Recap

This may be a new concept for some (as it was for me a few years ago), but there exists this magical place where time stands still, cooking is (mostly) unnecessary, housework irrelevant, children are not present and all your scrapbooking/crafting supplies beckon "come, create, play, rest."

What is this magical place you might ask? It is a scrapbooking/crafting/creating retreat. Now, I have always loved the concept of a "retreat" - an escape from reality, a weekend away, whatever form it might take, I usually have positive associations with that word. Now add SCRAPBOOKING to the front of that and I am ALL IN.

So, to get to this magical place I needed:

1. Motivation (thank you Erika for the push to organize it!)

2. 7 like minded individuals

3. A free weekend (well, "long" weekend actually, Thursday - Sunday)

4. Basic organizing of said like-minded individuals

Well, as of March 10th, my second attempt at organizing and attending such a retreat was successful! I cannot describe how wonderful it was to be away from reality, to relax, to sleep, to eat, to scrapbook, to run and just enjoy time with other super awesome ladies while we inspired each other with the variety of creations in progress.

Here is some photographic evidence of the event (keep in mind I am NOT a pro photographer and my attempts at taking photos on a setting other than auto are not always successful)
Lovely ladies, great friends!

Our set up of tables (took over the ENTIRE living room area)

Erika & I!

Beautiful ladies on a beautiful day at Harrison Lake

Classic!

Heidi & I 

Annnndddd, proof that you don't want me as the photographer when you are trying the jump sequence, I had to set it on multiframe shooting just to get one shot in the air. Oi!

No comments: