Saturday, February 10, 2007

Back to normal

Now that I am back home, things are going back to normal which is a relief for a person of routine like myself. Today we got a beautiful sunny day, despite the weather forecast for rain and clouds. I consider days like today a gift from God - such unexpected sun makes me truly happy! Today Brian and I had another showing and had to be out of the house by 10:45 am. We headed out to West Vancouver and went to Lighthouse Park. I had never been there before but Brian had drove by it when he was working on a jobsite in Eagle Harbour, so he said we should have a picnic and go. It was so nice to relax, take a walk and eat outside in the sunshine! Such beautiful views really made me feel so lucky to live where I do. I think that I take for granted the beauty of the mountains and ocean - both things that I missed while in Ottawa and Montreal. But I do believe that each city has something different, as both Ottawa and Montreal had neat places to go and some cool scenery as well.

Tonight Bri is at hockey and I am home. I am planning to make some cards, as I need 3 for tomorrow! We are celebrating Kristin's birthday at lunch and Judy & Murray's at dinner. Busy day!

On a slightly less interesting note, I bought a new cookbook at Costco called The Dinner Fix. It is pretty cool because it gives you 10 weeks of meals and also provides an ingredient list for each week to make grocery shopping easier. You can also go to the author's webpage and print off the grocery lists which makes it easier than copying from the book. Each meal has a time indicator that lets you know how long it will take to prep and also how long in total before dinner is ready. The recipes are also healthy so that is another bonus. I am going to try out week 1 this week and see how it goes. My grocery bill was a bit higher than normal, but I needed to buy some sauces and spices that I don't normally keep in the house. Brian has agreed to try everything at least once (excluding anything with mushrooms!), so we shall see how it goes.

Anyways, I should get to the card making as it keeps getting later and later.....

No comments: