Well, it is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. I had such a weird week and I am glad it is over. At work things have been a little cuckoo because of an email that a guy sent to our entire Audit division when he quit. Oh yes, those types of emails are so fun! He was smart enough to send the email via the time delay function in Outlook; he was also inclined to send his opinions about CRA to all of the Audit division, not just to management. I think the email has been passed on and shared with other offices and other divisions, so management has had a full plate trying recover and respond to this email attack. The email was rther scathing, indicating that the way this employee and his fellow employees were treated when they first started "crushed their enthusiasm" and emptied him of any desire to work hard or do well. The email goes on and I thought about posting it but decided against it - you never what may happen with things that are posted! But, I will put a quote from the email that I thought was particularly scathing and not entirely fair to broadcast: "We have not left the CRA for monetary reasons. We have left because it has been the most poorly managed organization we have worked for. The lack of motivation and Management’s ability to crush ambition is beyond anything we have seen in industry.
The hypocrisy that comes down from the management team eats at employee morale and makes all employees question the motivation behind every initiative that they bring down."
My opinion on this is - what now? I still work for CRA and I will likely work for them for awhile. I have not had the same experiences but I have had frustrations - who doesn't experience some frustration at the workplace for one reason or another? This has left an eerie feeling in the office and resulted in a short email response from one manager ensuring staff that they care about our morale, and many closed door meetings with middle and upper management, and of course the union. I hope that this will get discussed and put to rest, as it leaves all of us feeling uneasy and unsettled. To top it all off, another person quit last week after the email went out. Negativity abounds and I hope to remain positive.
Anyway, other than work I have had a GREAT week! Each night I have had some sort of activity and have enjoyed all of it. We had friends over for dinner on Monday and had funn chatting and then playing Seafarers. We had small group on Tuesday night and on Wednesday night I got to go out for coffee with Kim. It has been so great to do all this and not for a second worry about homework! I have also been trying out this meal planning thing and Brian has still been trying everything that I make! He even started doing dishes last night without prompting - this is not a frequent thing in our home! But I think that when I nag less I get more volunteering...
Well, gotta get ready for Fusion! We have a retreat for Fusion starting tomorrow night too, so that should keep me busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment