Yyyeeaaahhhh, so did you get the memo? We need a cover sheet on the TPS reports...... Okay, so MAYBE my new office is not quite like Office Space, but I tell ya, when you have more than 1 boss, it sure seems like it!
Today I thought I could actually get into my work and try to figure out a couple of things that I was assigned. So I dived in, ran reports, printed off info, contacted other departments for assistance, started a spreadsheet....and then boss #2 wanders in. She takes a look at what I am doing, says that she wanted to clarify, as what she asked me to do yesterday doesn't need to be done until April. Earlier in the day, boss #1 had already told me this and "clarified" as to what I should be doing (hence the report running and yada yada); I mentioned this to boss #2 and she looked at the files and said "But those have nothing to do with what I am talking about". Hmmmm, really. So I show here one of the memos I was reading and she agreed that that was the correct one.
So to summarize my day: Boss #1 tells me what he actually wants me to do, not quite what he had asked Boss #2 to explain to me yesterday; Boss #2 comes by and wants to clarify and also tell me what my "priorities" should be; Boss #1 stops by and asks on my progress; Boss #2 stops by and tells me which files to look at and which ones are not a priority.
I think I prefer doing TPS reports.....
The moral of the story is - I had GREAT bosses at CRA! And, I also need to find a way to coordinate boss #1 and boss #2; although, I must admit it does give me cause to chuckle throughout the day. We'll see how long this remains funny....
PS I am not complaining about my new job, I love the new opportunities but the learning curve always has some bumps in it, right??
No comments:
Post a Comment