Every now and then, something happens in life and makes you want to share your "news". Now, before anyone gets carried away....I am talking about WORK here! Things at work have been challenging for me over the past 15 months, as I started a new job and then 9 months into it was "thrown" into my boss's job for nearly 6 months. So, I managed to (mostly) learn my job and then struggle to fully learn his (still not sure I aced that one, but nothing has blown up yet!). Now that he is back, I have handed over the reins and am ready to keep plugging away...EXCEPT that I am moving to a new job on January 19th!!!
Well, okay, it is not all that new. It is the same organization, the same department but a different location, different workload, different boss and different colleagues (did I mention that it is also nearly walking distance to a Starbucks??). This new job is temporary, only 4 months, but it gives me a temporary raise and the opportunity to try out a different work environment with no obligation to stay if I really don't like it. Could it get much better than that? I am SUPER excited about it but at the same time I am also sad to leave behind "the girls" - my co-workers that bring me such joy! I know that I will miss them and that moving to an official "office" will be quite the change from my institutional setting. Believe it or not, I am now really used to x-ray machines, metal detectors and not ever wearing a skirt to work!
So that is my news! Moving on to a new experience, not entirely sure of what lies ahead....
2 comments:
Yeah Lys!
Good for you Lys!! Where is the new office? Walking distance to Starbucks is dangerous! I had 2 unbelievably close to my office, mmmmm...Starbucks!!
Post a Comment