Now that the Christmas rush is over and we are into the new year, it feels like 2009 is a long highway stretching out ahead of me. Who knows what it will bring? I am hoping that we can travel to Australia next Christmas to visit Erin (so that means a LOT of saving that needs to happen!) and I am also hoping that we can get our house more organized and really sort through what we have stashed away in closets....it seems to just multiply!
That being said, I feel like I should share a funny moment from this past week. On Friday, Erika and I went to Bellingham to do some shopping - so that equals a 10 hour shopping day (including travel time). We got home around 7:45 pm or so and Brian was here. When I came in, he told me that Daniel (our nephew) had called and asked that I call him back. Ummm, I can't remember the last time any nephew called for me at any time and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why he would call (specifically for me anyways). I thought it was a bit strange, but apparently Daniel had called and talked to Uncle Brian and also wanted to talk to Aunty Alyssa. So, feeling a bit odd, I decided to call the Wiebe household - I didn't want to not return the call! So I called and Nathan answered (I still can't believe they are getting old enough to answer the phone - but time marches on and they are growing up!). I asked to speak with Daniel and when he came to the phone he started telling me about Wii Fit and how good he was doing at the ski jumping (he has no lack of confidence and will let you know EXACTLY how GREAT he is - quite funny!). I asked him if he had called me to tell me about his Wii Fit score and he said "No, I just called to say Hi". Hmmm, I was caught off guard (when was the last time someone called just to say hi?) and I so I chatted a bit with him and then asked if he had anything else he wanted to say, he said no and that was it.
I could not stop laughing when I got off the phone! I thought it was too funny that my 8 (nearly 9) year old nephew had just called to say hi and wanted me to call him back because I wasn't home when he called! It was pretty cute and it definitely made me guffaw!
1 comment:
that's so sweet! that would make my day...Daniel can be really thoughtful.
Post a Comment