Thursday, January 29, 2009

Brian's Big 30th Birthday Party

My Superman is now 30, and it sure is hard to believe! I really feel like we will always be in our 20's but alas, Brian has left me in the dust and entered his 30's! I know I am not too far behind, but it still feels strange to think my hubby is 30.

I had planned to do something big - like rent an ice rink or a movie theatre, but when it came down to it Brian just couldn't decide. He eventually decided that something more low key would be his style, so we decided to go to Castle Fun Park in Abbotsford and then have everyone come back to our place afterwards.


It was so fun at Castle Fun Park - we did mini golf and played arcade games - perfect for pretending you're not really 30! It was really neat to have both friends and family there to celebrate, although we were definitely missing a few (tear)!

I decided to get Tammi to make a special cake for Brian, seeing as he is 30 and all. She teamed up with Jeff for the Superman design and we ended up with an AWESOME cake!! Here is the photo:
I also decided to put my big shot to good use and made a bunch of goodie baskets for the party. I think they turned out pretty snazzy! Plus I decorated in red and blue for the Superman theme with tons o' balloons and streamers.

Happy 30th Birthday Baby!!!!

2 comments:

susan said...

Wow Lys! Love your little give aways and the cake looks really cool too! You are so good to my brother!!
Wish we were there, it looks like you had so much fun! :-(

Canadian Kristin said...

WOW! Super-cool party! Welcome to 30!!!!!!