Monday, January 19, 2009

Fish out of Water

Today was my first day at my new (temporary) job. I came in, got to my cubicle (yes - back to a cubicle from my nice little office, sigh) which contained about 15 archive boxes, 2 broken lamps and other assorted crap that seems drawn in like a magnet to an empty desk! I managed to get logged in, get my security card set up and try to actually figure out what it is that I now do. Easier said than done! My job is a little less defined now but I think that I will eventually enjoy it. The first day is always a little rough, not really knowing too many people and not knowing what it is I am supposed to do all day.

So today I would say my equation is:

New job + New co-workers + Boss Wandering by my desk 20 times = Me feeling like a fish out of water!

1 comment:

susan said...

You are a pretty cute fish though! :-)
You'll soon be "in the water" don't worry!