Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Week 9

Well here I am, week 9 of the Sun Run training program....and I have become one of "those" people. You know the kind, you see them out there Saturday and Sunday mornings, running as a group, no matter the weather. Yep, that's me. 


And this past Saturday we ran 68 minutes. Seriously. I did not think I would survive this week, as the intensity was upped with this run schedule:


- Warm up - 5 minutes
- Run 10 minutes, Walk 1 minute
- Run 15 minutes, Walk 1 minute
- Run 20 minutes, Walk 1 minute
- Run 10 minutes
- Cool down 5 minutes


Annndddd, they threw in a hill to top it off! BUT, I did run all the parts I was supposed to so I am quite happy with that! Did I mention it was also pouring rain & windy? Yep, lovely morning for a run indeed ;)


Today when Brian got home I knew I needed to go for a run. I so did not want to. And once I got out and it was raining, I really almost turned back. But I ran in the rain, I did not melt. It was a good run, a good time to clear my head and after our 68 minute episode on Saturday the 46 minutes seemed like a breeze!

1 comment:

Connie said...

Yay!!! I'm so proud of you! Do you have a good jacket for running in the rain? I find cute and functional clothes make all the difference :)