Time passing is constant, steady, unchanging, even paced and yet I feel like it can ebb and flow like the tide, rushing in quickly, rolling out slowly... Perhaps I can explain the last year like the movement of the ocean, Arabella rolled into our lives, slowly changing everything; today I marvel at how the last few months have rushed by, like the water rushing to the shore, absorbing sand castles and abandoned beach toys as it goes.
Can my baby really be 1?
It is true, she is 1 year old and I am so happy to be her Momma today, possibly even more thrilled than the moment she was placed on my chest in the hospital, when I was exhausted and exhilarated at the same time.
She is truly a joy in our lives, an added component that will forever change our lives, our decisions, our hopes, our dreams, our plans and our future. She is ours, a gift that I still struggle to comprehend, something so desired, so prayed for and so beyond what we imagined. She is our miracle, and she is now 1, on the threshold of toddlerhood, ready to explore, stand, walk, run and speak.
It is only a matter of time, another ebb and flow, before I will utter the words, "I can't believe she is 2!".
So here is to the milestone of being 1 - our celebration of this first year, embracing the fun and the challenges, as we invited those who could be here to join us.
Happy Birthday my baby Arabella!
Decorations, cake and cupcakes - oh my!
The birthday girl with the balloons - too much fun!
Gifts, gifts and more gifts! Being spoiled on her special day...
Her funny new laugh, almost a fake one, guaranteed to have us laughing in return!
Ummm, what do you want me to do with this??
Yum, cake, guess I'll eat it...
Nanny and Papa...oh, and Daddy coming in to ruin the photo ;)
Hanging out with Grandpa
Our little family!







5 comments:
I've been stalking your blog all day waiting for this post. Happy Birthday Arabella <3 I love how you included so many photos from her special day and how you can see the love you and your family have for her. She is one lucky little girl to have such an awesome mom.
Aw sweet Arabella, Happy Birthday!!!
Lys, everything looked wonderful - way to go Momma!!
My baby heads to Grade One in September!! It does go SO fast!!
Wish we were there to celebrate!
oh happy birthday sweet baby!!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for these photos!! I wish I coudl have been there - I miss you Arabella!!!!
So glad I could be there to help celebrate her 1st birthday, seeing as she couldn't wait for me to come home from vacation to be born last year! She's adorable, and I love all the pictures! Love the new blog backround and header too!
Everything turned out so great! Beautiful job on the cake and cupcakes!!
Post a Comment