I've done the obvious - prepped and planned for the week's dinners, packed my lunch, packed Arabella's lunch, packed Arabella's backpack and printed out schedule/emergency contact info. But I haven't found myself mentally and emotionally prepared.
But could I really be? I don't know. I've never done this before, I'll probably do this again and I am banking on the fact that mothers do this all the time. I am by no means an exception or anomaly, many many moms work full time. If you had asked me 10 years ago I would have said that I would prefer not to be home, to be out working, but now I feel a bit differently.
Sigh.
To save my sanity here is a list of the good things about tomorrow:
1) I get to see my work friends (yippee! many of these people I consider dear friends and I have missed them!)
2) I get to use a different part of my brain.
3) I will get back to a more steady routine (and I love me my routines)
4) I will get a paycheque!
5) I still have my evenings and weekends, which I will treasure with my sweet Arabella.
6) I have a 3 day week to start (wouldn't 5 days just be the worst first week ever?!)
7) I like my boss.
8) I can walk to a Starbucks.
9) I get to have adorable photos at my desk where people will stop and want to chat about what a darling little girl I have ;)
Aaaaaannnddd, that's about all I got :)
Tomorrow morning is going to come soon, so off I go to finish laundry, paint my toes and do a face mask.
Goodbye stay at home mom, hello working outside the home mom, for better or worse.....
1 comment:
{{hugs}}
I know this is hard tonight but I'll bet once you get into your office and move the pens around on your desk a little you will feel the hardest part past and you will be okay. Praying peace for your day.
Post a Comment