I just came back from a Hawaiian themed stagette tonight and I can safely say it was the most Martha Stewartish party I have ever been too!! The theme was Hawaiian and the invitation asked that we bring a Hawaiian themed appetizer or dessert. It also asked us to dress in our Hawaiian wear or beachwear and that there would be prizes for the best dressed and the best food (both on appearance and taste). Never one to turn down a challenge, I hunted for a Hawaiian dessert recipe and found one for a Hawaiian cake - it was golden cake with pineapple-pudding and cream cheese/whipcream toppings, and of course there was coconut too! I decided to dye the coconut different colors using my food coloring stuff, and as usual I managed to spill every color on me when I opened the bottles. I also knocked over the yellow and had to do some quick clean up to not stain the floor or counter - quite the scene! Anyway, at the end of it all, I created a desert island with a palm tree, a bright yellow sun in the sky and some pretty blue water. I was quite pleased with myself for my creation and I am almost glad that only part of it got eaten, so I can show it off to Bri when he gets home. There just happened the be THREE pineapple cakes at the party - go figure!
It was a nice stagette although we were coerced into learning the hula - not as easy a it may seem! We were then divided into groups to perform for the bride to be - to which I responded "this was not included on the invitation!" I may have reconsidered my attendance had I known I would be forced to hula and be videotaped!! But, in the end, it really was pretty fun and I am glad that I could go and support Sam (short for Samantha in case you were wondering). She is getting married in 2 weeks and is quite giddy, she is 20 or 21, so I imagine I would have been the same way when it was my turn back in the day (nearly 6 years now!).
Well, off to bed soon. I am almost reluctant to change out of my "tropical" outfit because it makes me think of spring and summer and I can't wait for that to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment